Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Buday Fam Update

We have some exciting news that we have shared with family and some friends, I'm pregnant!! I'm 7 weeks along and due the middle of May. Ruthie was born on Rich's B-day and now baby #2 will be due around my B-day.

It's hard to believe Ruthie will be a big sister. She is 20 months old. I just can't believe she will be 2 years old in 4 months. I finally stopped nursing her this last month, about the time I found out I was pregnant. I know some people think I'm crazy for nursing her this long but I never knew I would nurse her this long. It was hard to let go of that time with her. It was hard for her too, but after a week of not nursing her at all she seems to have forgotten. I debated on the issue because I knew that as long as I nursed her she received an immune boost and she was still interested. Ruthie was given an outdoor playhouse which she loves. Rich's sister got it from her neighbor. We are so thankful for hand-me-downs. She loves to bring her baby in the house with her, fill up a bucket and give her baby a bath inside the house. Ruthie usually wants to get in the water too. She wants mommy and daddy to come in her house with her too. She points to the floor and says "Momma". It's adorable. She like all the windows to be shut and the door. She plays with babies all the time. She has one baby that can get wet so that one goes with her in the pool, hose, and bath tub, and 2 babies + her glow-worm sleep with her every night. We are starting to try potty training, but it's not full force. I just try to catch her before she poops and put her on the potty. She has gone a few times on the potty. We always put her on the potty before a bath and have her try and go.

Ruthie's words:
BeBe (baby)
house
pees (please
pee pee
poo poo
Papa (Grandpa)
bow (she always wants a bow in her hair, she will ask for one when getting dressed)
bowl
apple
cheese (pretty much any food she wants out of the fridge)
yeah (her answer for everything)
boo (book)
go
no (doesn't use this word too often yet, thank goodness)
ear
eye
be boo (belly button-she learned this from her belly button book)
me
eeu (not sure how to spell this but another word for yucky- she point to ants)
bill (spill)

Another new happening in the Buday home is Rich has a new job. He had the opportunity to take a job at a Water Treatment Plant in Glendale, under the company, CDM, which is an engineering firm. He works M-F, 530-130. His schedule has been a challenge, we are going to bed much earlier these days which I haven't protested about too much since I've been exhausted from being pregnant. He is able to miss traffic both ways with these times and is home by 3pm. It was a hard decision since he worked around the corner here in Yucaipa, but working for CDM will give Rich a chance to advance his career and give him more opportunities in the future.


2 comments:

MickyD said...

Andrea,
I was just thinking about you the other day and I thought, "I bet they are going to have another one pretty soon". Congrats. What a bummer that we didn't get to see you during our visit. I really want to meet Ruthie. Looking forward to the updates!!
Micky

Greg and Melissa said...

Congratulations!!! I was thinking it would be soon for you to have another baby!!!! Take care and thinking of you.