This is Ruthie modeling her new cloth diapers. We recently switched to cloth diapers. These are fancy cloth diapers. They are an All in One (AIO) cloth diaper. They have a water proof cover attached and Velcro to secure them on. Inside they are made of terry cloth and micro fleece. I researched them quite a bit before making a decision, and so far I am really happy with them. The brand of these diapers is Thirsties. If anyone wants to know more info, go to thirstiesbaby.com. Basically, disposable diapers have harmful chemicals in them which make them absorbent which is bad for baby, they are bad for the earth, and they are not cheap. I bought 19 cloth diapers, which lasts me two days, sometimes three. I spray off the poopy ones in the toilet with a sprayer Rich attached to the back of the toilet and I put all soiled diapers in a trash can in my laundry room. I wash them in hot water with special detergent and hang them on a clothes line to dry. You can tumble dry them too, but they recommend drying them in the sun, they will last longer. These diapers should last you through more than one child. That's where you save. The initial cost was a lot, but I figured that I would pay that off in disposable diapers in 5 months. They come in small, med, and large. Ruthie is in the medium (18-28lbs), so hopefully they will last her until she is ready to be potty trained. Which is another plus, supposedly babies potty train easier when they wear cloth diapers. So that is my spiel on cloth diapers. With Rich's help, I am even considering developing a website so we can start our own business online selling cloth diapers, and other baby stuff. We will see.
Ratatouille (2007) Spille Film
11 years ago
1 comment:
Hooray for cloth diapers!!! I am so proud of you!! I wish that I had those nifty all in one diapers with Keira. We may just have to look into those if we ever have another kid!
Miss You!!
Post a Comment